Creating a BlackBerry Id is necessary if you intend on downloading apps to your BlackBerry. This comes as a change to the app world application and helps to provide you with a secure way to download apps without having to worry about somebody downloading apps in your name. This process can be done on bot the PC or in App World itself, however; using a PC is far easier and faster and so this is the method we will be showing you in this tutorial.
In order to create a BlackBerry Id (aka. BBID) you will need to get a hold of a PC with an active internet connection. Once you’ve accomplised this follow the steps below to create yourself a BlackBerry Id. *Note – During this process you will need you will be asked for an email address that information about your BBID can be sent to. Try to choose an email that you can access online ex. hotmail, gmail, yahoo, peronal server. This way you have the information stored on server you can access should you forget or lose your information.
1. Start by right clicking on the following link and choose the option to open in another window www.blackberry.com/blackberryid.
2. On this page you are going to see a link that says “Register for a BBID”. Click this link to proceed.
3. Accept the Terms and Conditions by clicking the I Agree option and you will be given a page with information to fill out.
4. Fill out all of the fields on this page and then enter in the CAPTCHA phrase down at the bottom and then click “Save” to proceed to the next page.
5. If all of your information is correct and has not already been chosen by somebody else there will be a confirmation message displayed telling you that your BlackBerry ID was successfully created. You will click OK which will send out a confirmation email to the email you used when filling in the form.
6. Go to this email and open the email, you will need to click on a link inside the email to validate the email address. Once you have clicked this link you will be brought to a page where you will put in your BBID password that you entered in on the form you filled out on the previous screen.
Your BlackBerry ID is now created and can be used to download apps and log into your app world account. There are a few important things to note about the above process that are listed below.
- The Screen Name will be the name that everybody sees when you submit a review.
- The BBID password cannot match the security question or answer that you choose should you forget your password.
-The link within the confirmation email that is sent to you will expire in 24 hrs from being delivered in the inbox. If this email is not received in the inbox check your SPAM or JUNK folder.